Route Overview :
Machame Route or the “whiskey route” is one of the most popular routes due to its picturesque views and varied landscapes. However, climbing through Machame Route is a bit difficult as compared to Marangu route. Even though the walk on the Machame route is steeper and longer, still the success rate is higher than the Marangu route.
Machame Route is not technically difficult, but the climb is more exhausting as it has many ups and downs crossing a chain of valleys and ridges. Therefore, the route is best suited for people with some hiking or trekking experiences and for those who love adventures. For first-timers the climbers, the route can be tiring.
Machame Route starts from the south, heading towards the east, navigating beneath the southern ice fields ahead of summiting. Usually, the minimum days to summit Kilimanjaro through this route is six, but seven days is recommended.
Price Includes :
– Pre & Post Trek accommodation
– Professional guides, cooks and porters
– Transportation to & from the mountain gate
– Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
– VAT fees and Charges
– Double layered Sleeping Mats
– 3 meals daily while on the mountain
– Filtered water throughout the trek
– Portable toilets and toilets tents
– Hot Water For Washing Purpose
– Pick up and drop off at the airport
– Fair wages for the mountain crew
Price does not Include :
– International flights
– Tip to the driver guide and hoteliers
– Insurance fees
– Cost of Tanzania Visa.
– Bank charges
– Personal Expenses