2 Days 1 Night
About this tour
This 2 days adventure in Uganda takes you through the misty Bwindi National Park for the Gorilla Trekking activity.The gorilla destination of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is also a rich habitat for Afro-montane flora, counts of birds including the African broad-bill which is found in Ruhija and Congo.
- Visit Kampala – Uganda
- Visit Bwindi National Park
You will be picked up around 7 am from your hotel in Kigali by our safari guide who will drive you straight to the Uganda, Rwanda border of Cyanika / Katuna. In the process you will traverse the lush country side dotted with undulating hills that have qualified Rwanda as a land of a thousand hills and arriving in Bwindi.
In the afternoon check in your Lodge for lunch and later you can go for an Optional Batwa Cultural trail. You can go through their villages to have an experience of how they go about their daily routine activities.
You will have an early morning breakfast at 6:30 am and with packed Lunch you will move to the Park headquarters to join other trackers in a briefing about the gorilla trekking rules at 7:30 am. You will trek through thick creepers and undergrowth with your guides to find the Gorillas, which can take you 1-8 hours. The steeply forested landscape is incredibly dense but crisscrossed by numerous animal trails allowing access by tourists. You will stay with Gorilla sometime once sited and later be transferred to Kigali.
Note 1: These are estimated drive times. Because of the traffic, location of the accommodations, and several other factors, actual drive times may vary. Driving distances are approximate and do not account for exact places.
Note 2: Driving distance and drive time to and from Bwindi will vary depending upon the sector and location of the accommodation.
- Park Fees (for Non-Residents).
- Game drive as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Chimp tracking permit in Bwindi.
- A professional driver/guide.
- 4×4 Land cruiser or Safari Van.
- All Taxes and VAT.
- Meals as per itinerary.
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Drinking water while on safari (2 litres per person per day).
- International and local airfare.
- Yellow fever vaccinations
- Passport, Visa, and Travellers Insurance
- Tips for the support team
- Any activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal Items (Souvenirs, Travel Insurance, Visa Fees, etc.).
- Government imposed increase of Taxes, and or Park Fees.