Lake Mburo National Park
About this tour
This one day tour takes you to Lake Mburo National Park for wildlife viewing, bird watching, boat ride and guided nature walk. Lake Mburo National Park is the only place in Uganda where Impala can be found and the best place to see large herds of Elands (African’s largest Antelopes). It is also the only park where a guided game walk is possible.
- Visit Kampala (Uganda)
- Visit Lake Mburo National Park
You will set off from Kampala (or Entebbe) at 6:30 am and head to the western part of Uganda to Lake Mburo National Park. The drive takes 3-4 hours with a stopover at the Equator for an opportunity to stand in both the northern and southern hemispheres at the same time. You will continue through the savannah grasslands dotted with settlements, plantations and several herds of local long horned Ankole cattle endemic to this part of the country.
Once you get into Lake Mburo National Park you will go for a game drive in search of wildlife like zebra, hippos, crocodiles, eland, antelope, impala and a variety of birds. Post lunch you will go for a 2 hour boat ride on Lake Mburo which is endowed with a variety of water animals such as hippos and crocodiles and several bird species. After the boat ride you will drive back to Kampala (or Entebbe) arriving in the late evening.
- Park Fees (for Non-Residents).
- A professional driver/guide.
- 4×4 Land cruiser or Safari Van.
- All Taxes and VAT.
- Meals as per itinerary.
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- International and local airfare.
- Yellow fever vaccinations
- Passport, Visa, and Travellers Insurance
- Tips for the support team
- Any activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal Items (Souvenirs, Insurance, Visa, etc.).
- Government imposed increase of Taxes, and or Park Fees.