Route Overview :
The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Though gaining popularity amongst climbers, Rongai has low traffic. It is the preferred route for those looking for an alternative to the crowded Marangu route, for those who would like a more remote hike, and for those who are climbing during the rainy season (the north side receives less precipitation).
The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, and seven days are recommended. Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for days before joining the Marangu route at Kibo camp. This route descends down the Marangu route. Rongai is a moderately difficult route, and is highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience.
Price Includes :
– Pre & Post Trek accommodation
– Professional guides, cooks and porters
– Transportation to & from the mountain gate
– Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
– VAT fees and Charges
– Double layered Sleeping Mats
– 3 meals daily while on the mountain
– Filtered water throughout the trek
– Portable toilets and toilets tents
– Hot Water For Washing Purpose
– Pick up and drop off at the airport
– Fair wages for the mountain crew
Price does not Include :
– International flights
– Tip to the driver guide and hoteliers
– Insurance fees
– Cost of Tanzania Visa.
– Bank charges
– Personal Expenses