Route Overview :
The Umbwe route is a short, steep and direct route. It is considered to be very difficult and is the most challenging way up Mount Kilimanjaro. Due to the quick ascent, Umbwe does not provide the necessary stages for altitude acclimatization. Although the traffic on this route is very low, the chances of success are also low.
The route is offered at a minimum of six days, though seven days is recommended when attempting this route. The Umbwe route should only be attempted by those who are very strong hikers and are confident in their ability to acclimatize. However, overall, the Umbwe route is not recommended and we discourage its usage for our clients.
Price Includes :
– Pre & Post Trek accommodation
– Professional guides, cooks and porters
– Transportation to & from the mountain gate
– Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
– VAT fees and Charges
– Double layered Sleeping Mats
– 3 meals daily while on the mountain
– Filtered water throughout the trek
– Portable toilets and toilets tents
– Hot Water For Washing Purpose
– Pick up and drop off at the airport
– Fair wages for the mountain crew
Price does not Include :
– International flights
– Tip to the driver guide and hoteliers
– Insurance fees
– Cost of Tanzania Visa.
– Bank charges
– Personal Expenses